We all want to show up to the polls on Election Day prepared. But sometimes it can feel like a lot of work to find the relevant resources and tools you need to be an informed voter. To deal with this problem, we’ve created a “Voting Toolkit” that pulls together some helpful information:
- Get registered: Our friends at TurboVote can help you out with that. It’s quick and easy. They will also send you reminders when you have an election coming up—it’s super helpful!
- Research the candidates: Vote VA makes it easy. You type in your address and they give you a list of all the candidates along with pictures, bios, links to their social media, and easy comparisons on where each candidate stands on the issues.
- Know your ballot: You might be voting on issues in addition to the candidates. You can look up any referendum you may be asked to vote on come Election Day here.
- Know where to go: You can easily look up your polling place here . Polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day.
- Know your rights
- Come prepared: In Virginia, photo ID is required.